Capital Project Specialist
Website Gene B. Glick
The Gene B. Glick Company is searching for a Capital Project Specialist to join our team. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all tasks related to a Capital Project including but not limited to Estimating, Permitting, Subcontractor/Vendor Contracts, and Management of site construction as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on—site activities.
Essential Job Functions – The individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Preliminary Cost Estimating
- Work with Regional Maintenance Manager to establish Capital Project Budget and help provide oversight as needed
- Negotiate and write Subcontractor/Vendor Contracts
- Direct subcontractor/vendors to achieve completion of the Capital Project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to approved plans and specifications
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of a final punch list
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Ensures all subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintain all building permit records (including inspections), labor notices, and work loss reports
- Approve and process monthly contractor and supplier payment applications
- Responsible for activities related to the gas pipeline, including maintains the Pipeline 811 database
- Assist the property insurance department in oversight of large capital losses
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Construction Management or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- 2-5 years construction experience preferred
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Training
- Microsoft Project software experience
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Multi—family construction preferred
- Utilizes strong organizational skills
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Gene B. Glick Company is a great place to work with a family-oriented culture. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes vacation/paid time off, paid holidays, medical. dental, and vision insurance, apartment discount as well as an outstanding 401K plan with generous matching. There is also an excellent opportunity for advancement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org