Website Green Square Design | Construct Inc.
We are a successful Custom Builder and General Contractor with amazing clients located in the downtown area. We are experiencing exponential growth and looking for an energetic Residential Construction Superintendent. You will enjoy leading and managing construction operations and efficiently completing all field work required for Green Square construction projects. If you are a self-starter looking for great pay, job satisfaction, and a desire to work for a growing company with a great culture, then apply now!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of construction work from groundbreaking to completion
- Manage workload for all construction employees so deadlines are met
- Visit jobsites regularly & document findings, issues, solutions, & conversations
- Communicate with clients as needed for updates/questions on jobs in a timely and professional manner
- Develop and update schedules for each project
- Meet deadlines through proper planning and tracking
- Help develop and implement successful company processes
- Communicate needs and status of all projects weekly with supervisor
- Be involved in hand-off meetings with design team and construction team
- Help coordinate subs, material deliveries, etc. to keep jobs on schedule
- Schedule, manage, and verify hours of Green Square field team
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, subs, and clients
- Check and approve invoices to validate work done and compliance with budget
- Attend and participate in weekly operations meetings
- Maintain clean, professional, and safe job sites
- Coordinate with office personnel and field team to achieve company goals
- Create and manage punch list items for each project to ensure quality & client satisfaction
- Perform other tasks as needed and/or requested by Green Square management
- Ability to use effective problem-solving and judgement to identify issues and review related information to develop and evaluate options, make a decision, and implement solutions that balance the needs of employees, clients, schedules, etc.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and respect
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to delegate and lead effectively
Aware of and embodies the five Core Values of Green Square:
- Professional – We focus on being efficient, effective, knowledgeable, and profitable. We hit our deadlines and budgets. We are clean, courteous, and timely.
- Always improving – We are constantly striving to better ourselves and our company. We are always improving our buildings, our service, and our processes. Every day we strive to learn and avoid complacency.
- Design driven – Good design is embedded in everything we create. We solve problems with the total desired end result in mind. We strive for beauty, functionality, and simplicity.
- Collaborative – We function as a team, and our clients and sub-contractors are included in that team. We listen, keep an open mind, and communicate honestly and clearly. Everyone’s opinion has value.
- Conscientious – Our clients, suppliers, employees, and contractors will know they can count on us to protect their investment throughout the construction process.
- Proven experience as a construction superintendent, construction manager, project manager, and/or production manager or relevant position
- Five years minimum experience as a residential superintendent and/or project manager
- Ten years minimum experience in the construction trades
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Ability to understand architectural drawings and communicate them to others
- Proficient in computer and mobile device use including email and typical office software
- Experience in using construction management software (Co-Construct preferred)
- High school diploma (college degree in Construction Management or other trade preferred)
- Full-time – Typically 40-50 hours per week (dependent upon needs and season)
- Monday through Friday (Most work is scheduled during the regular workweek with only an occasional weekend required)
- Local – (Most of the work is in Marion County with little to no out of town, nighttime, and/or overnight work)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.