Website Jefferson Electric LLC
Jefferson Electric LLC
Job Title: Electrician
Reports to: Team Lead
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Team Lead, the Electrician installs wiring that brings electrical power into any
type of building or structure. The Electrician works according to safety rules and regulations of electrical workers and
Jefferson Electric, ensuring that buildings have enough power to operate and do so in a safe way to their residents.
Supervision Received: Team Lead
Supervision Exercised: None
SKILLS & APTITUDES
● The ability to install cables, conduit, tubing, and devices; and repair or replace equipment, fixtures, and wiring.
● Demonstrate that you can use and identify the appropriate tools for an electrical job.
● Read and understand plan sets.
● Understand all procedures and electrical safety equipment
● Strong problem-solving skills in addition to teamwork and an effective communicator
● Physical ability to lift heavy objects over 50lbs, maneuvering on stairs, ladders, and scaffolding; Standing for
extended periods; Squeezing into tight corners and spaces; Bending over and crouching
● Schedule flexibility as some jobs take longer than others
● Highschool level math skills
● Customer Service – the ability to understand what the customer is asking and effectively communicate how you
intend to fix the issue
● A growth mindset: welcomes training and coaching, and assumes responsibility for their work.
The Electrician is expected to have:
● Documented 5,000 hours of continuous electrical work or 6,000 part-time electrical work
● Experience in solar installation or projects is a plus
● Hones electrical tradecraft from Team Lead and applying school learned NEC code, electrical theory,
calculations, and Ohm’s Law in real-life field settings.
● Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures while in a
● Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools, locate the
cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
● Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
● Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment
or repair, ensuring compliance with codes.
● Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures to ensure system
safety and compatibility
● Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out
● High School Diploma or GED
● Certificate of completion from an electrical trade school
● Current electrical license
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Beginning hourly rate $21.
Simple IRA up to 3% company match.
Sponsored supplemental insurance.
Last updated 02/22/2021
To apply for this job please visit www.jeffersonelectricllc.com.