Apprentice and Pre-Apprentice
Website Steg Plumbing
Position Description – subjected to but not limited to the following:
This job will be assisting/working with a licensed plumber, who will be training you to do the any of the following as you progress:
- Assist in the installation, repairing, and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Periodic digging of shallow trenches for installation of pipe.
- Review blueprints and spec sheets for proper installation of products.
- Install piping, valves and other various plumbing for rough-in phase of work.
- Install faucets and fixtures for showers, tubs, sinks, water heaters and other various plumbing products.
- Perform minor fabrication work
- Planned daily work by maintaining a log sheet
- Clean up jobsite after completing work each day
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions including rain, humidity, snow, wind, cold, and heat.
- The environment may include loud noises, working near mechanical and moving parts, working at various heights, and small spaces.
- Must be able to do the following activities for most of the workday: stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, use arms, hands and fingers, see, talk and hear.
- Must be able to climb or balance regularly as this position will require using a ladder at times
- Must be able to lift or carry items of various weight, typically up to 10 pounds throughout the day. Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds on occasion.
WHO WE ARE:
Steg Plumbing is proud to be serving the area for all residential new construction and service Plumbing needs for 25 years strong! As a woman-owned family company, we have a different perspective and strive to provide a new level of service to all our clients and team members because they are our friends, family, and neighbors.
WHY WORK HERE:
We are a growing company and made up of a team of passionate and dedicated team members. We take pride in our quality of work and relationships that we have with each other and our customers. We have a great family culture and encourage personal and professional development. If you like working with a great team, this is the place to be! Make your impact today!
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must enroll in the apprentiship program
Current valid Driver’s License
Current valid Journeyman Plumber License or Apprentice License
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match.
Steg Plumbing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Steg Plumbing does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobsinindianapolis.com.