Staff Accountant- Multi-Family Development and Construction
Website The Annex Group
THE ANNEX GROUP’S MISSION STATEMENT
To create a positive impact with the people who live, work and are involved in our communities.
The Annex Group is seeking qualified individuals searching for careers not jobs and can operate with a team first approach. If you are someone who wants to assist in our mission and make an impact, come join our team.
Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records for The Annex Group, LLC, and its subsidiaries.
Include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly construction draws for submission to lending partners
- Handle all A/R and A/P related to assigned construction jobs
- Review financial statements for portfolio of student housing entities received from third party operating partner
- Balance and reconcile bank accounts
- Complete all necessary monthly general ledger journal entries
- Process daily accounting, cash, credit card transactions, perform account reconciliations as necessary and meet required deadlines for timely financial reporting
- Prepare financial reporting packages for investors and lending partners
- Assist with Federal, State and Local tax return process with third party tax preparer
- Review operating and capital budgets
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system in online storage system
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate degree required in accounting
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting
- Experience with preparing and reviewing construction jobs
- Experience in Accounts Payable, GL reconciliation
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated desire to grow with a growing company
- Ambitious individual for this very fun, flexible working environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial model skills (using Excel) is required
- Jonas Premier experience preferred
- Working knowledge of email and MS Office software programs necessary
- Ability and willingness to effectively use other job-related technology tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area
- Driving to/from locations for business-related purposes
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of a fast-paced office with minimal to high noise levels
- This position requires working independently as well as part of a team
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment
- The position requires client information be maintained appropriately confidential