Construction Operator/General Labor
Website The Annex Group, LLC
POSITION TITLE: Construction Operator/General Labor DRAFTED: March 2021
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent / Superintendent
The position is responsible to assist and support the Project Superintendent. They are to operate a telehandler forklift as needed. They are to help keep the construction site safe, clean, and eliminate unsightly debris and hazards.
Include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
• Sweep and clean up rubble, debris, and hazardous materials at site
• Must be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• A list of tools includes, but are not limited to the following:
o Various types of saws
• Be comfortable off loading, lifting to fully extended boom reach, and transporting
materials in telehandler forklift
• Individual will be responsible to inventory some material, communicate on a routine basis with delivery drivers on site, and maintain a neat and clean storage area, as designated
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Telehandler Certified and have documented experience operating telehandler forklifts Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Have a valid Indiana Driver’s License
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills• Must be able to operate a variety of hand tools and equipment in a safe and efficient
• Must possess self- starter skills and have a basic understanding of general construction processes
• Individual must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends if
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Frequent walking, standing, sitting, climbing, crawling, pushing, pulling, climbing
ladders, operate various tools and equipment to include but not limited to a pallet jack and a telehandler forklift, within the work area
▪ Driving to/from locations for business-related purposes
▪ Routine travel requiring air travel and overnight stay
▪ Walking, observing, and documenting activity in and around job sites
▪ Must have the ability to work in multiple work environments in varying weather
conditions such as rain, sleet snow, etc.
▪ The employee will frequently be required to lift objects up to 75 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ The work environment is that of a fast-paced office with minimal to high noise levels
▪ This position requires working independently as well as part of a team
▪ This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily
▪ At times while on site this position will be exposed to routine job site hazards and thus
appropriate safety precautions will need to be adhered to in strict accordance to OSHA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com